Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter, Family and Furr Babies

We all had a wonderful Easter this year. I went out and bought 250 plastic eggs, a bunch of candy and 10 dollars in quarters, Kate, Sam, and I stuffed all the eggs one night when all the little ones had gone to bed. It rained all day Easter, quite a bit, so our outdoor egg hunt was cancelled. Sam and Kate and the great idea of each of us taking a bag full of eggs and going to our houses and hiding the eggs in the front rooms. Since we all live like 2 houses away from eachother, a little rain didn't hurt us. The kids all had so much fun, and are still packing away the candy.

We have a big weekend this weekend! Grandma Nina, Grandpa Wayne, Abbie and Julie (our nieces) are flying in from Florida to visit for a week!!! We haven't seen Abbie and Julie since November 2007 when Julie was 4 weeks old! Today is a cleaning day as I have to get the girls' bedroom and playroom spotless...Their new bunkbeds are being delivered tomorrow between 11-1pm. It's about time we got Toni her own bed too. Since we moved here, they've been sleeping in a twin bed together. Then it's onto the rest of the house, clean the bathrooms, our bedroom, the nursery, then Zach is doing the yard and the basement...Which reminds me, I still have so much laundry to do.

Onto other news...The furr babies eyes (all but 1) have opened and boy are they cuties!! I have been weighing them and holding each one for a few minutes a day to get them used to me and as of this week I've started letting friends hold them. I want them to be well socialized so that they will be great family additions. We are keeping one, but we are letting daddy pick out the kitty we keep. Hercules picked us, I picked Tula, and now it's Daddy's turn. He's such a big softy. He'll be deploying soon and told me one night that we could pick a kitten to keep. He wants the girls to have something to do, as if the dog and 2 cats we have now aren't enough :) We all love animals so it's really not a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment